A multimeter is a device that helps to know the exact measurements of current, voltage, and resistance. They help in providing the exact measurements in order to calculate the current and voltage levels for multiple purposes. It is important to have the multimeter in every home and by every electrician. There are many best multimeter on market now that helps many people to calculate these readings accurately. It is also useful for testing in transistor and diodes. There are different types of multimeters that are available for different purposes which can be seen in this post.
Types of multimeters
With the various types of multimeter, you can buy the best multimeter on market now easily. There are different types of multimeters that serve various purposes as follows
- Analog multimeters: The first multimeter the man discovered was analog multimeters. They are simple, cheap and easy to use. The readings on the analog multimeter are difficult to read as it has to be calculated by the needle reading. Many analog multimeters can lead to false results if any one of the components is not fixed properly.
- Digital multimeters: These are the best multimeter on market now that helps the readers to calculate the readings easily. They are very accurate compared to the analog ones. The only disadvantage of this type of multimeter is that there is a slight delay in multimeters. The digital multimeters are powered using batteries and the screens are bright enough to show the results.
- Clamp multimeters: The clamp digital multimeters are used for measuring the flow of electric current on wires and cables. They have a clamp which can be mounted on the electric line. This will calculate the amount of current flowing through the electric cables. These types of multimeters are mostly used by electricians and electrical engineers.
- Automotive multimeter: The automotive multimeters are used to measure the electric capability of a vehicle. It issued in cars in order to check the current, voltage and resistance reading. It is an important component that needs to be in your car garage to check various faults.
- Auto ranging multimeter: These types of multimeters are the most expensive forms of digital multimeters that are very user-friendly. This can be easily used by common people without any difficulties. Only a few knobs are available in this compared to other types of multimeters.
- HVAC multimeter: HVAC multimeters are also one of the best multimeters on market now as they are used to check the air conditioning system. Every house has an AC and any issues with the current and voltage flow can be easily calculated using this. Majority of the air conditioning issues arises due to fluctuations in current and voltage issues.
These are different types of multimeters available in the market. They are very useful in serving their purposes. For household, the best multimeter on market now is automotive multimeter since they are used for multiple purposes.